Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Plenty of work around the house...

We're finally in nesting mode and getting our home prepared for the arrival of our Little Lady. Last week Scott spent several hours prepping the office/guest room for paint and this weekend our amazing friends Amanda and Andi came over to paint. It was hard to have my friends painting my house and not being able to help. I thought about it long and hard before I accepted their offer but I finally gave in after realizing I should accept help when offered and appreciate it. I feel so lucky to have friends like mine.

While the girls painted, Scott and I played with Trent and cooked dinner. Trent was so much fun. He played with his toys, watched Scott juggle and basically followed Scott around. I almost teared up once when Trent was playing and when Scott came in to sit down Trent pushed his toys aside and made his way over to pull himself up onto Scott. It was sooo cute! All the kids love my man and it's such an endearing quality of his. I can't wait for our Little Lady to her Daddy as a playmate :)

Michelle, Brian and Aria also made it over Saturday. Aria is so cute. She's a perfect little angel. It was a nice treat to have Brian over too. He usually has gigs during the weekends and rarely makes it to our get togethers so it was nice to have the entire Lee family over.

Scott prepared delicious turkey balls for the spaghetti while I made a salad and garlic bread. It was sooo yummy! We've really been stepping it up in the kitchen lately. Actually Scott has. He's the meat man and I'm the sides lady.

Moving on to Sunday... We worked around the house some more and Ann -n- Milt came over for a quick visit. Ann brought some wall stickers for the nursery that go perfect with the decor we've chosen. They're such amazing in-laws. I feel lucky to be so close with them. Sunday evening we went to Adam-n-Sarah's to celebrate Sarah's 31st bday. We bbq'd and had a great evening just hanging around with family.

Monday was uneventful. We spent so much time the week before working on the house and running around, we were just plain exhausted. Scott relaxed on the couch and I worked on Algebra all day n night.

Coming up this week... Working on Algebra so I can have my first week of studies complete before I leave for Florida this Saturday. I think I might be getting the hang of blogging... We'll see if I can keep it up!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope you and Scott had a great Day yesterday at the shower. I know Milt and I did. See you soon to decorate the baby's room

melbaker said...

hi barbie. can't believe you only have a few days to go. hope you are feeling good. can't wait to see pics of your little princess when she arrives. Love ya loads
Daz, Mel and louise xxx